Our project co-ordinator will be visiting ports and harbours around the Scottish coast to meet with fishermen and learn about their fishing practises and experiences and perceptions of marine animal entanglements. Skye and Lochalsh, Ullapool, Mull and Oban will be the first locations visited in June and July 2018, followed by Lewis, Orkney and Shetland later in the year.
These visits will be followed by public talks, training events and workshops for fishermen in reporting and documenting entanglements, and assisting in disentanglement efforts (if there is sufficient interest).
Details of these and other events will be made available here when scheduled.
- Introducing the Scottish Entanglement Alliance on 29/06/2018 19:00
- Coigach gathering on 30/06/2018 12:30
- SEA project co-ordinator visits Shetland on 11/09/2018
- Inshore Fisheries Conference on 05/10/2018
- Marine Conference, Ullapool on 15/10/2018 10:00
- SEA project co-ordinator visits Caithness and Orkney on 12/11/2018
- SEA webinar on 12/12/2018 19:00
- Scotland’s International Marine Conference 2019 on 20/02/2019 12:00
- SMASS and WDC Forum 2019 on 02/03/2019
- Disentanglement workshop – FISHERMEN ONLY on 26/10/2019 09:00